FLIGHT™ Study Enrollment
The FLIGHT™ Study Screening and Enrollment Process
At this time, we plan to enroll three child participants who live in Northern Virginia. This means that not everyone who is eligible will have the opportunity to participate. To help us provide more children the opportunity to participate in the FLIGHT™ Study, please make a donation to support this independent research.
To begin the multi-step screening process:
Step 1. Make sure your child meets all of the minimum eligibility requirements:
- Resident of Northern Virginia
- Child between the ages of 2 and 15
- One guardian must have the ability to read and write English
- Must have at least one of several chronic health and/or developmental conditions including:
- Immune/Autoimmune Conditions (for example: juvenile idiopathic arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, eczema, atopic illness, allergies, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, other gastrointestinal disorders, lupus, other autoimmune conditions)
- Conditions of Metabolic Dysregulation (for example: Obesity/Type II diabetes)
- Mood/Behavioral/Developmental Conditions (for example: autism spectrum disorders, ADHD/ADD, depression, OCD, anxiety)
Step 2. Indicate your interest in participating in the FLIGHT™ Study by completing the form below.
Step 3. Check your email for instructions. Anyone interested in enrolling in the FLIGHT™ Study must first complete the CHIRP Survey™. You will receive an email with instructions on how you can complete the CHIRP™ Survey. This survey takes several hours to complete, but it does not need to be completed in one sitting. Once you have completed the CHIRP™ Survey, the research team will let you know via email if your child is eligible for further screening. Please be patient, as it may take several weeks for our team to screen candidates. Further screening includes two very brief questionnaires and an interview. Please be sure to check your spam or junk mail folders for emails from our team.
What if my child is not eligible to participate in FLIGHT™? Not everyone who registers for FLIGHT™ and completes the CHIRP™ Survey will be eligible for further screening or participation. If your child is not eligible to participate in FLIGHT™, we invite you to consider enrolling in our Control Group. Participation in the control group is an important part of our study and we need your help!
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I stay up-to-date on developments with the FLIGHT™ Study?
Sign up for our updates and newsletters to keep current!